The Redwood Calendar Connector for the Google Calendar™ application enables you to quickly determine conference room availability based on up-to-the-minute occupancy information. The Calendar Connector is compatible across all Google-supported desktop platforms.
System administrators can set policies that cancel room reservations based on real-time occupancy information. If no motion is detected in a reserved conference room after a specified time period, the meeting participants are notified that the meeting is canceled. To facilitate auditing, the Calendar Connector also maintains a log file of canceled room reservations and their associated owners.
When users access their calendar, a reservations window appears to the right of the calendar display. In the reservations window, conference rooms appear as green, red, or gray, depending on their occupancy and reservation status. When viewing specific room information, an indicator shows how long the room is booked or when it will be available. If the room is available, a new meeting can be immediately scheduled.
- Easy-to-read color indicators showing current occupancy and reservation status
- Customizable timeout settings
- Cancellation of room reservations based on real-time motion sensor data
- Historical reporting of cancellations
- Password-protected administrator access for system configuration
- Redwood Systems Platform with Redwood Director
- Google Apps for Business™ Calendar with API Client Access enabled
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud™ (EC2™) instance with IP network connectivity to Redwood Systems Platform and Google Calendar API
- Monitored rooms must be configured for both the Redwood Systems Platform and Google Calendar
Google, Google Calendar and Google Apps for Business are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Amazon Web Services, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and EC2 are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.